Sunday, January 10, 2010

Chocolate eclairs and kosher steak

January 3, 2010 Went to the San Telmo fair and the Malbec museum. More ice cream, more kosher meat. We have meat coming out of our nostrils. I've eaten steak for the first time in years, and I think I can last a few years more now. Unintentional aversion therapy. When I was a kid, I would beg my mother for chocolate eclairs, and finally, so sick of my constant demands, she got me a bakers dozen and told me to have as many as I want. I ate all of them, and felt so ill I wanted to crawl into a hole and disappear. Haven't had a chocolate eclair since.

Went to a great local restaurant. We were too late to sit down, but ordered empaƱadas to go, and then ate them on the street, in the rain. Soooo good. Our best food experience so far.

No comments: